This is something I make at least 2-3 times a week. There is probably some recipe out there probably similar with a more sophisticated name…but at least you know what this is by the title right?
This time I did onions, garlic, mushrooms, veg I got from the farmers market, peppercorns (to crack), cumin, paprika & coconut oil…and fish (a mild flavored white fish).
- Slice up all of the veggies but not too thin. You don’t want them to get too soft/overcooked.
- Slice up the lemon, no squeezing necessary.
- Cut up the onions as fine as you want. I prefer large chunks so I don’t chop them up.
- Smash the garlic (see the lazy theme?)
- Then place them in your pan & pour/scoop some coconut oil in the pan. Id say 2-3 tablespoons or so.
- Sprinkle the pepper, cumin etc… If you have fresh rosemary, basil, sage etc, it is great also throw in whole.
Now one more step – the fish. It can be frozen or thawed. I have had success either way. If it is frozen just add a couple more minutes to cooking time.
Put whatever seasonings you see fit on top of the fish. I put paprika & dug out a cherry bomb pepper (yes its hot) out of the freezer & put some pieces on top. No need for much salt with that “heat.” So you can use cayenne pepper if you don’t have any fresh hot peppers lying around. Feel free to put the lemon on top of the fish but I like it underneath so it cooks with the veggies and the juice stays below and also boils up into the fish too.
Put on medium heat, have the top fully on the pan. 8 minutes cooking time. Add additional minutes if the fish is frozen. Once the fish is cooked, the veggies will be done!
[…] gives you the opportunity to try something out. It does not have to be complex. It could just be throwing some veggies in a pan and some fish on top of it with seasonings and walking away. Also without a recipe you can just use what you have in your kitchen & forget about worrying […]