The 2015 Bootcamp Challenge is a month away. I could do it today. I am ready to devour those obstacles & pumped to put my body to the test to see how the training has paid off this time. But there is more work I need to do.
I am training towards to reality that all of the training will come together. This week – this is what is on the menu:
- 3ish miler fast trail run
- 50 clean & press w/ #60 sandbag
- 60 sandbag squats & other shoulder & core exercises w/sandbag
- 100 sandbag squats (around the world)
- 50 clean & press w/sandbag
- 100 pullups
- Fartlek intervals -15 min
- Timed bear crawls (about 80 feet), jog backwards to start
- As many turkish getups until failure
- 8 mile timed run
- 50 clean & press w/ sandbag
- 60 squats & other shoulder & core exercises
- Timed stair sprints incorporated with good-mornings with sandbag, bear crawls down stairs, clapping pushups and whatever else I want to do.
Things will change in September. Among other things I will stop running on the trails and focus on timing my true 3 miles on the road. I want to know what my pace feels like on flat ground for 3 miles and see what my time is. Also, the long run will be decreased after a 9 mile run. Aside from conditioning for this race I want to make sure I have a good amount of miles under my belt. The reason being is after this race I am on a good track for my race in San Francisco which is an 11 mile ocr. It is in November (Men’s Health Urbanathalon). Last time after Bootcamp Challenge I was adding a mile on every week onto my long runs to get ready for November. It worked out fine, I felt good in the race, but I don’t want to push it like that again.
Soon ill have to figure out tapering. Obviously between all this I will be on the barrel roller. Alot. After doing the fartlek interval last week I sure did feel it the next day! Lets just say squats were a bit of a challenge…