Hiring your Personal Trainer is more than choosing the individual that you can work with. This choice is also one where you have to be honest with yourself. A motivation to workout or to make healthy choice has to start from within.
Five Good Reasons For Hiring Your Personal Trainer
- You have had a hard time achieving your goals and are looking for some guidance to meet them and set other goals.
- Time is an issue but you can see where you can make time in your busy schedule to work out 3-4 days a week.
- You want to be a more in shape version of yourself.
- You are going to work out, exercise, etc…for yourself.
- You want to lose body fat in a reasonable amount of time.
Five Not So Good Reasons For Hiring Your Personal Trainer
- You are expecting someone to tell you what to do every day.
- You don’t have time to workout & don’t see any way there could be time, but some way it will work itself out after you hire her/him.
- You want to look exactly like that Personal Trainer.
- You are going to hire that trainer to make your wife/husband/society happy.
- You want to lose body fat…lets say 20 lbs in 4 weeks.
It is entirely possible to train yourself. Without a doubt it is possible to knock down those goals and be your own trainer. You keep perspective about your progress. You want your progress to be sustainable. Yes we all of days when we are off, that is part of the process. Keep the big picture in mind. Do your research about what you don’t understand about your body and recognize that sleep & nutrition are just as important as that workout. Keep your body guessing – doing cardio every day or any same workout every day will not lead to sustainable gains. Lastly, the un-measurable things are by far the most important – how you feel, your self worth, being able to move better…..vs. looking at a scale every day. So train yourself with respect…
Think of a personal trainer as your secret weapon. You have someone in your corner that is thinking about the big picture. They understand when to push you and when to back off. He will ask you questions to get you thinking more about what you ate this week and how it affected your workouts. She can target that weakness and eventually make it a strength. She is able to see your form better and can adjust you so your body is moving better. This individual should be experienced in the way to properly introduce conditioning and strengthening exercises in a way that is good for your body. Lastly your secret weapon will tell you to stop and look back, you will be amazed how far you have come.
Set yourself up for investing in a path to success, either as your own trainer – or looking to work with a trainer.
As always, feel free to contact me if you have any inquires about Incremental Fitness & interest in working together to meet your goals here in sunny San Diego!